Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Item 20

Oh, dear. It's the Luddite again. I don't have an ipod or equivalent, or a high speed connection. Considering the downloading delays even with the high speed connection here at work for all the videos and audios we've been listening to for this program, listening to podcasts on my home pc would be a very time-consuming activity. I don't foresee them being much of a priority in my future, I'm afraid, but it's nice to know what's out there in case I ever want to get into it. There's a lot of interesting stuff.

Unless the library plans to seriously upgrade its bandwidth or whatever, I don't see users being very happy with trying to download large audio/video files here, either, although it may be a moot point since I don't think it's something they can do here anyway, unless the wi-fi connection allows it.

No comments: